- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 wrap sandwich
Portobello mushrooms are the filet mignon of vegetables. Meaty and satisfying, they transform a simple vegetable wrap into a delicious, rice-based meal.
- 1 Cup Smoked Bacon
- 1-1/2 Quart Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 Quart Button Mushrooms
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Each Jalapeño Or Serrano Chile
- 2 Quarts Whole Grain Brown Rice*
- 1-1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 12 Each Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 12 Ounces Pepper Jack Cheese
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and chile pepper and sauté until tender. Add the rice and broth and toss to combine; simmer until everything is hot and liquid has been absorbed. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- For each portion spread 1 cup of the rice mixture on a tortilla; top with 1 ounce cheese and roll up.