- Cook rice and set aside.
- Place pie crust in a 10-inch tart pan. Bake at 450˚ for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚.
- Place wine and cinnamon in 10-inch skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat; add pears. Reduce heat to low; cover and poach 10 minutes. Turn pears; poach 5 to 10 minutes more or until tender. Remove from wine; set aside.
- Combine rice, Half & Half, 1/2 c sugar, butter and salt in 3-qt saucepan. Cook over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir one-fourth of rice mixture into eggs; return egg mixture to saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour rice mixture into baked crust.
- Place pears, cut sides down, on cutting board. Cut thin lengthwise slits into each pear, one-third down from stem end. Fan pears over rice mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until rice mixture is set.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp sugar. Broil tart about 4 to 5 inches from heat source 1 to 2 minutes or until top is browned. Cool before serving.