- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Imagine a nutritious taco, then add great flavor, rich textures and 0 cholesterol. No need to pinch yourself; you're already awake, and the delicious rice recipe follows.
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Quarts Onion
- 1 1/2 Quart Carrots
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Chipotle In Adobo
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Gallon Zucchini And/or Yellow Squash
- 1 Gallon Diced Tomatoes
- 1-1/2 Gallon Long Grain Or Whole Grain Brown Rice*
- 1 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 96 Each Taco Shells Or Soft Tortillas
- Heat the oil in a braiser or tilting skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrot and sauté until tender (about 6-7 minutes). Stir in garlic, chipotle, chili powder, cumin and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and sauté until crisp tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and rice and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes and reaches a temperature of 145 F. or higher. Stir in the cilantro; keep warm. Hold at 135 F. or higher.
- For Each Serving: - #4/8-oz. scoop rice-vegetable mixture - 2 taco shells or tortillas