- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 2 cups
A gentle taste of Mexico makes this aromatic soup an ideal main dish or starter. Tender chicken, roasted corn, tomatoes and rice in a rich broth are accented with cilantro and lime and topped with crisp tortillas.
- as needed Vegetable Oil
- 9 Each Corn Tortillas
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Scallion
- 1 Quart Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 3 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 6 Cups Cooked Boneless Chicken
- 3 Cups Corn
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 Cup Avocado
- 1 1/2 Quart Long Grain Or Parboiled Rice*
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 12 Each Lime Wedges
- In skillet, heat oil 1-inch deep over medium heat. Fry tortilla until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel and hold until serving.
- In large sauce pot, heat oil over medium heat; add scallion and sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder and chicken stock; bring to a simmer, cover and let cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, roasted corn and lime juice; keep warm until ready to serve.
- To Serve: For each serving, ladle 2 cups soup into soup plate or large bowl and add 2 Tbsp. avocados and ½ cup rice mounded in center. Garnish with 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro, tortilla strips and a lime wedge.