- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
This elegant whole grain salad is loaded with rich Asian flavors and textures. Lentil sprouts are available from any organic produce purveyors, or you can sprout them yourself. Serve without the duck for a delicious vegetarian dish.
- 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Chinese Plum Sauce
- 8 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro Leaves
- 3/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1-1/2 Quart Wild Rice
- 1-1/2 Quart Long Grain Or Parboiled Rice*
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Scallions
- 24 Each Bibb Lettuce Leaves
- 3 Cups Sprouted Lentils
- 3 Pounds Boneless Roasted Duck Meat
- Mix all of the ingredients together and whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Heat the butter in a braiser or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rices and mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms lose their raw look. Stir in the roasted peppers and heat through. Toss in half the dressing and the scallions.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates; top with a portion of warm rice. Scatter the sprouts over top and arrange the duck around and over the rice. Drizzle some of the remaining dressing on top.