- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups
The combination of savory sausage, white beans and sage is a Tuscan classic. This recipe has everything simmer with the rice for a sophisticated and easy one-pot meal.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Pounds Hot Or Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 Cup Onion
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Garlic
- 2 Each Bay Leaves
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Sage Leaves
- 3 Cups Long Grain Or Parboiled Rice*
- 1-1/2 Quart Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Cannelini Beans
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a braiser over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and brown on all sides.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the seasonings and rice and sauté for another minute.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and beans; cover and simmer until the rice is tender (about 10 minutes more). The mixture will still be a little wet. Stir in the cheese.