- Yield: 100
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: .5 g
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Sodium Content: 23 mg
- Lightly coat full size 2-inch steam table pan with food release spray. For 50 servings, use 1 pan. For 100 servings use 2 pans.
- Pour 2 quarts plus 1 pint of milk in each pan.
- Add 1 lb 9 oz of uncooked brown rice to each pan.
- Add 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to each pan. Whisk to combine.
- Cook, uncovered, in steamer for 25 minutes or until rice is al dente and milk has been almost completely absorbed.
*Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Fluff with utensil, and cover with plastic wrap.
*Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Serve using a No. 8 scoop; 1 scoop equals 1/2 cup. Serve with apple wedges, banana slices, or blueberries.