- Yield: 48
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 169
- Carbohydrate Content: 34.53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.41 mg
- Fat Content: 1.87 g
- Fiber Content: 2.66 g
- Protein Content: 3.76 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.30 g
- Serving Size: 2⁄3 cup
- Sodium Content: 713.51 mg
Recipe courtesy of the Cranberry Marketing Committee.
For a downloadable PDF of this recipe with complete nutritional information, click here (PDF).
- 3 tablespoons Oil, vegetable
- 1 pound 4 ounces (1 quart) Onion, yellow, minced
- 1 pound 12 ounces (1 quart) Carrots, diced
- 15 ounces (3 cups) Green pepper, minced
- 3 pounds cooked (1 3/4 quarts dry) Brown rice, rinsed
- 15 ounces (3 cups) Dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 gallon Chicken stock, l0w-fat, reduced sodium, heated
- 1 1/4 cups Soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 pound 2 ounces (3 cups) Peas, frozen, thawed
- 4 ounces (2 cups) Scallion, minced
- Heat oil in a large rondo over medium-high heat; add onions, carrots and peppers and saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cranberries and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Pour in stock and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to very low, cover the pot tightly and cook for 45 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Remove pot from heat and let rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, gently stir in peas and scallions and keep warm.
- To Serve: Scoop/spoodle 2⁄3 cup rice per serving. Serve with grilled vegetables, grilled chicken, or roasted meats, if desired.