- Yield: 36 Cups
- Serving: 24
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Cholesterol Content: 90mg
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Serving Size: 1.5 Cups
- Sodium Content: 860mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
- 7 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups US White Long Grain Rice
- 1.5lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Dried Bay Leaves
- 2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 8oz Packages Cream Cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Cups Yellow Onions, chopped
- 4 Cups Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 Cups Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 8 Cups Chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1.5lb Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Bring broth to a “rolling” boil in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place rice in bottom of a 20x12x4-inch hotel pan. Shake pan to distribute rice evenly over bottom of pan. Top with mushrooms and sprinkle garlic powder, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper evenly over all. Top with the cream cheese, onions, and green and red bell pepper.
- Place pan on oven rack, pour boiling broth evenly over rice mixture, do not stir. Cover tightly with heavy duty foil, making sure edges are sealed and bake 45-55 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from oven.
- Reset oven to broil.
- Sprinkle evenly with the chicken and cheddar cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, let stand 15 minutes before serving to absorb flavors and for easy serving.
- Cut into 24 squares.