- Yield: 6 cups
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 410
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Cholesterol Content: 60mg
- Fat Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Serving Size: 329g
- Sodium Content: 630mg
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Make life easy with our "No-Measure" Creamy Country Vegetable Rice recipe-all you need to measure is a cup of rice!
- 1 cup U.S.-grown Long Grain White Rice, uncooked
- 1 Can (14.5-oz) of Chicken Broth
- 1 Can (12-oz) of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Package (10-12-oz) of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Dried Thyme
- 1 Package (8-oz) of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Package (8-oz) of Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 Green Onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Combine the broth, milk, and frozen vegetables in a large saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Add the rice and sprinkle lightly with thyme. Return to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
Stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and onions. Gently stir until cheese has melted and well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 cups. Serves 6; 1 cup per serving
Cook’s Note: May add a 5-oz. package of diced ham with the cream cheese, if desired.