- Yield: 50
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 288
- Carbohydrate Content: 34.18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 156.09 mg
- Fat Content: 9.71 g
- Protein Content: 16.49 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.22 g
- Sodium Content: 623.37 mg
Recipe developed for USA Rice by Chef Cyndie Story, PhD, RD, CC.
For a downloadable PDF of this recipe with information for 50 & 100 servings and complete nutritional information, click here (PDF).
- 7 cups Pork or turkey breakfast sausage pieces, frozen
- 3 quarts ½ cup Bell pepper, red or green, fresh, diced
- 6 ¼ cups Yellow onions, fresh, diced
- ¼ cup Garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 quarts Whole eggs, fluid
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Green onions (scallions), diced
- 1 ¾ cup Reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Salt, table
- 2 teaspoons Black pepper, ground
- 3 quarts ½ cup Brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 50 each 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Lightly coat steam table pans with pan release spray. Place 14 oz sausage, 2 lb 10 oz bell pepper, 1 lb onion, and 2 tbsp garlic in each steam table pan (12” x 20” x 2 ½”). For 50 servings: 2 pans; For 100 servings: 4 pans
- Bake, uncovered, until onions and peppers are tender-crisp. Conventional oven: 350°F for 15 minutes. Convection oven: 325°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven.
- Add to each pan 1 qt eggs, ½ cup water, 1 cup green onions, 7 ½ oz cheese, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 6 ¼ cups cooked rice. Stir to combine.
- Cover and place in oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set. Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Remove pans from oven. Sprinkle ½ cup chopped cilantro over each pan.
- To serve, place 1 cup (2 scoops of number 8 disher) of the egg and rice filling in the center of each tortilla. Fold one edge of the tortilla over the filling and pull back to distribute the filling. Fold the sides of the tortilla over the ends and roll up like a burrito. Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.