- Yield: 24 cups
- Serving: 24
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Cholesterol Content: 75mg
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Serving Size: 360g
- Sodium Content: 800mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
- 3 lbs Green Bell Peppers (stemmed and seeded), cut into 1' pieces
- 5 cups U.S.-grown Long Grain Rice, uncooked
- 1 lb Multi-colored Sweet Petite Peppers (stemmed), cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 cups Onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided use
- 2 32oz Cartons of Chicken Broth
- 4 lbs Boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1 1/2' pieces
- 1/4 cup Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 cup Dried Basil Leaves
- 12 Garlic Cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Combine peppers, onions, and 1/4 cup of the oil and toss until well coated. Place on 2 foil-lined sheet pans or large baking sheets. Arrange in a thin layer. Roast 20 minutes, stir vegetables and alternate oven racks, roast 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are richly charred on edges and tender. Remove from oven, cover with foil and set aside on baking sheets.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Bring broth to a rolling bowl in a large saucepan.
Combine rice, chicken, oregano, basil and garlic in a 20x12x4-inch hotel pan. Place on oven rack, pour boiling broth over rice, stir until well blended. Cover tightly with lid or heavy duty foil, making sure the edges are tightly sealed. Bake 1 hour or until rice is just tender and liquid has evaporated.
Remove from oven, Stir in the pepper mixture and any browned bits, remaining oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
Makes about 24 cups total. Serves 24; 1 cup per serving.