- Serving: For 6 People
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 296
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Cholesterol Content: 61 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 677 mg
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium onions, chopped, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, julienned
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, stems removed and torn
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pieces pita bread, each cut in half
- Combine oil, vinegar, 1/2 cup onion, 1 clove garlic and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in large bowl. Add shrimp; stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Thoroughly drain shrimp; discard marinade.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp, remaining onion, bell peppers, spinach and remaining 1 clove garlic; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked..
- Add rice, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until flavors are well blended.
- To serve, fill each pita with 1/2 to 3/4 cup rice.