- Yield: 50
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 242
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Sodium Content: 190 mg
- 2 pounds (1.5 quarts 3/4 cup) Cranberries, dried
- 1/5 quarts 1/4 cup Pears, canned, in juice, chopped, drained, reserve liquid
- 7 pounds 5 ounces (1 gallon 1 cup) Brown rice, cooked
- 2 pounds 14 ounces (2 quarts) Wild rice, cooked
- 1 pound 12 ounces Celery, diced
- 4 ounces (2 cups) Scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces (2 cups) Parsley, fresh, minced
- 3.5 cups Cider Vinegar Dressing*
- Cider Vinegar Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Reserved canned pear liquid
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Black pepper, ground
- 1 1/3 cups Vegetable oil
- 1 ounce (1 cup) Parsley, fresh, minced
- Soak cranberries in pear juice for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup juice for Cider Vinegar Dressing*
- To prepare Cider Vinegar Dressing: In a mixing bowl or food processor, whisk together vinegar, pear juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil, a little at a time, until thickened. Stir in parsley. Cover and hold.
*Critical Control Point: Refrigerate below 41°F for at least 2 hours before using as directed.
- In a bowl, toss drained chopped pears, brown and wild rice, celery, scallions, parsley and soaked cranberries. Add Cider Vinegar Dressing*; toss well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to develop flavors before service.
*Critical Control Point: If using fresh-cooked rice, cool from 135ºF to 70ºF within 2 hours and from 70ºF to 41ºF within 4 more hours. Hold cold below 41°F for service.
- To Serve: For each serving, scoop ¾ cup of chilled rice salad onto a plate.