- Yield: 50
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 287
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0 g
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Sodium Content: 182 mg
Recipe developed for USA Rice by Chef Cyndie Story, PhD, RD, CC.
For a downloadable PDF of this recipe with information for 50 & 100 servings and complete nutritional information, click here (PDF).
- Lightly coat 2 full size 2-inch steam table pan with food release spray.
- Sauté onions in vegetable oil until softened.
- Pour 1 quart tomato sauce and 2 quarts water into each pan. Whisk together.
- Add 1 pound 14 ounces of uncooked brown rice to each pan.
- Combine garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and salt. Add 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of spice mixture to each pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, 1 cup of cooked onions, and ¼ cup green chilies to each pan. Whisk together to combine.
- Steam for approximately 25 minutes, or until the rice is al dente.
*Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Fluff with utensil and cover with plastic wrap.
- Serve ½ cup using a No. 8 scoop.
*Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.