- Yield: 50
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 106
- Carbohydrate Content: 22.57 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: .82 g
- Fiber Content: 1.71 g
- Protein Content: 2.58 g
- Saturated Fat Content: .17 g
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Sodium Content: 31.59 mg
Recipe developed for USA Rice by Chef Cyndie Story, PhD, RD, CC.
- 6 cups Brown rice, parboiled, uncooked
- 6 ¼ cups Carrots, fresh, sliced or diced
- 6 ¼ cups Zucchini, fresh, sliced or diced
- 6 ¼ cups Summer squash, yellow, fresh, sliced or diced
- 2 quarts, 1 pint Vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons Basil, fresh, chopped
- Lightly coat 2 steam table pans with pan release spray. Place 1 lb 4 oz rice into each steam table pan (12” x 20” x 2 ½ “).
- Place 1 pound each of carrots, zucchini and yellow squash in each steam table pan.
- Add 5 cups broth, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil (1 ½ tsp dry basil) to each pan. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, until rice is cooked and carrots are tender. Conventional oven: 350°F for 45 minutes. Convection oven: 350°F for 30 minutes. (For convection ovens, partially cover each pan with foil.)
*Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135⁰F or higher.
- Portion with 6 fl oz spoodle (¾ cup).