- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 197kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Cholesterol Content: 8mg
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 614mg
- Sugar Content: 2g
This instant pot-friendly recipe comes together in just 25 minutes and stars U.S.-grown white long grain rice. The flavorful Spanish rice is a perfect side dish to any meal!
This recipe comes to us from our friend @TheAlmondEater in partnership with USA Rice and The FeedFeed.
- Pour rice into a mesh sieve and rinse for 10 seconds.
- Add oil, butter, rice, and garlic to your Instant Pot and press "sauté". Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, broth, and tomato sauce and stir. Place lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the knob on top is set in the "seal" position. Pressure cook rice for 4 minutes, then naturally release for 10 minutes before manually releasing the rest of the pressure and removing the lid.
- Fluff rice with a fork and stir in the cilantro.
Pour rice into a mesh sieve and rinse for 10 seconds.
Add oil and butter to a large dutch oven and heat over medium heat. Once melted, add the rice and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Then, add chili powder, cumin, salt, broth, and tomato sauce and stir. Increase heat to high and bring rice to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and place a lid on the pot. Simmer for 12-14 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
Remove the lid, fluff rice with a fork and stir in the cilantro.
Substitutions: Butter - can omit the butter and just use 3 tbsp oil instead; Broth - chicken OR vegetable will work
*Make sure to use canned tomato sauce (not jarred) and try to find one that has other spices in it, like garlic and/or onion