Eaters will love this pop of color in this Roasted Beet Risotto recipe starring U.S.-grown Arborio rice.
- 3 Cup U.S.-grown Arborio
- 6 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1.5 Cup Yellow Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Qt Chicken Stock (heated)
- 3/4 Cup Butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Cup Kale, fried
- 6 Tbsp Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 6 Tbsp Pine Nuts, toasted
- Roasted Beet Puree
- 2 Red Beets, peeled and 1/2
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Water
1. Pour oil into a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion to the pot and cook until onions begin to become translucent.
3. Add garlic and rice to the pot and continue to cook for 30-45 seconds over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
4. Reduce heat to medium and begin to incorporate chicken stock to the rice in 0.25 cup increments, stirring every 30 seconds.
6. Once rice is cooked al dente, fold in roasted beet puree, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
7. Serve 1 cup portions of risotto immediately topped with 0.25 cup crispy kale, 1 TB feta cheese, and 1 TB pine nuts.
Roasted Beet Puree
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss beets in canola oil and roast at 400°F for 25-35 minutes or until soft.
3. Transfer roasted beets to a food processor and blend with water and lemon juice until smooth.
4. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.