- Yield: One 10 inch Rice Tart
- Serving: 4-6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Cholesterol Content: 95mg
- Fat Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Serving Size: 300g
- Sodium Content: 760mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Looking for a great and tasty way to utilize leftover rice? Look no further than this delicious Swiss & Asparagus Rice Tart!
- Tart Base
- 3 Cups Cooked US White Rice
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Egg, beaten
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Grated Lemon Rind
- Tart Toppings
- 4oz Onion, thinly sliced vertically
- 4 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1lb Asparagus Spears, ends trimmed and broken into 2 inch pieces
- 6oz Swiss Cheese Slices
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper, coarsely ground
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the base ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir gently until well blended.
- Place the rice mixture in a 10-inch spring form pan liberally coated with cooking spray. Gently press down bottom and up sides, about 1/2 inch.
- Bake 10 minutes or until rice mixture is just set. Place on wire rack and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the onions on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle 2 teaspoons of the oil over all and toss to coat. Arrange onions in a single layer. Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Remove from oven, stir in the asparagus and remaining 2 teaspoons oil, toss until well blended, spread asparagus onion mixture into a thin layer, and bake 5-6 minutes or until asparagus is tender crisp.
- Top rice crust with the Swiss cheese, overlapping slices slightly. Arrange the asparagus onion mixture on top. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 tsp. salt and black pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing sides of pan. Slide a flat spatula or butcher knife under crust to remove from base of pan and slide onto cutting board. Cut each into 4-6 wedges.